Friday, August 31, 2012

The White Mountains are spectacular. Their freakin' tough and I'm going to have to get used to going slower for a while. The assents and descents are pretty incomparable to the mountains down south. It's kinda different going straight down a mountain. Straight down. On your butt, grabbing trees and rocks to hang on. 50 mph winds, 40 degree temps, and slippery rocks. Cpd has been following along and joining in some of the fun. I'm so glad I've gotten to share some of this with my dad. (Some meaning over 1000 miles). For the past 3 days I've hiked with a friend 'two thirds' and up until today, have been tackling these mountains pretty well. We sat today at a shelter, starring a big mountain in the face, and listened to 6 other thru hikers talk about ending their day at 1pm after just 4 miles. I did just that. The trail is difficult but its really not that bad. Just gotta keep on pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment