Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So I did 22 miles yesterday with 2 sizable climbs up Glastenbury and Stratton mountains. I hadn't had a day like this in awhile. Long story
short, the day before, dad dropped his wallet out of his pack 5 miles back when he realized he didn't have it. He knew exactly where it was and headed back at the crack of dawn yesterday to get it. I continued on that day and he got a ride at the next road crossing to jump ahead and meet me. That morning I woke up and the camp site was pretty fogged in and it was chilly. Right off the bat I had 2 miles of up-hill to the top of Glastenbury mountain. I knew there was no views to be had on this day but I went up a fire tower at the top anyways. The mountain was covered in a fog. The rest of the day was pretty overcast until around 5 o'clock when the sun finally came out. It was just in time, as I was coming up the 4,000 ft Stratton mountain. It was prefect. The views from the top went on forever. 140 miles away I was looking at the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Feeling great, loving life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment