Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Bit of Nasty Weather

Got hit with a NASTY storm a few days ago back in New York. By far the worst storm I've been out in. It started with a complete soaking rain and then some small hail. The hail was small and sparce and a little uncomfortable at first, but quickly became a full on unbearable hail storm. My dad had just gotten back on the trail the day before and there was about 40 miles left in new york. We threw our packs above of heads to keep from getting pelted by the hail. It seemed to let up, but we didn't make in 25 feet and the wind kicked up to the point I thought the massive pine trees around us were just going to start falling. I hit the ground; Laying off to the side of the trail in a low spot like a tornado was coming thru. Id say this was about about a 80 mph wind. I yelled to my dad "Get down! Cover your head!" Just about that time a branch came down by him and then it let up. It rain for some time after. Heres some video after the storm of what was just a small creek.


No comments:

Post a Comment