Friday, August 3, 2012

New Yoooorrrkk

Hiking in New York was much more difficult than expected. Short, steep uphills required me to use my hands more than anytime in the 1400 miles I had been. I had some fun tho.

                 Hikers taking a break at a spot with views of NYC wayyyy of in the distance


                   Water sources were pretty scarce. Lucky some amazing people left these out.
                                                 "The Lemon Squeezer"
                                         Thanks but no thanks.





                                           Caterpillar??

2008 thru hiker Blues Traveler was doing a 400 mile section this year. First met him back in PA. Its great hanging out with a trail veteran.   


I went into NYC twice from different locations on the trail. $24 round-trip, cant beat that. I went in early in the week, met up with my cousins, had a awesome time and also took a train in later that week to meet my dad who flew in to hike again.











                                Back on trail crossing the Bear Mountain Bridge

                                            The Hudson River
                                                There he is! Welcome to New York!
                                             Top of the rock

                             



                                Dad crawling thru some down trees from the previous storm.

My dad had to get off the trail because of some serious blister issues with his feet after being back on the trail for just a few days. He traded in his hiking boots for a rental car and I proceed with slack packing 50 miles into Connecticut.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment