Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jersey



 I have to say that New Jersey was one of the nicest states I've hiked in. A lot of the trail was on a grassy ridge and when it wasn't.. it was down in a swamp. Yes a swamp. I never would have thought there were swamps in jersey. The southern part of the state had a feeling of a big wilderness even tho there were roads and towns close by. I crossed the Delaware River and up into the Kittatinny mountain range on the first day. I was really loving the views from the ridge of the Delaware… and then I almost stepped on a hognose puffer snake. The snake looks like a combo of a rattlesnake and a cobra. Literally jumped 6 feet back. The next day it was a rattlesnake that startled the hell out of me, and other harmless snakes for the rest of my time in Jersey. Jersey has snakes and swamps…and a beautiful ridge line. And then the rain came....


                                The Delaware River














                                    I cant say it enough...I really hate snakes.









                      Had a really nice visit with my uncles brother Joe and his wife Alice. They live just 10 minutes from the trail, so they picked me up one afternoon and I stayed at they're house that night. I really enjoyed it:)




                                       Yeah...I really didn't need any more of that.
                                      A few miles of boardwalk thru a New Jersey swamp


                                7 people and 6-30lb backpacks in a Honda Element


                                        Crossing into New York on a Beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment