Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making It Happen


Today I think back to the fall of this past year when I stared to plan this trip on the Appalachian Trail. From August when I first told my parents and friends of the idea, getting my guide books, and slowing getting new gear….THIS IS HAPPENING.  The goal was set when I was 14 after a backpacking summer camp with my good friend Nathan Freeman ( Boy those summers in North Carolina were the dayzzz ). The thought then of a trail that went over 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine just seemed like a wild dream, but I always knew that one day I would set out to conquer it. After much thought and planing this journey ahead of me has become a reality. With the great support of my family and friends, 2,184 miles and 14 states is nothing more than a long walk;) A.T class of 2012 baby!!

1 comment: