Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 1 was pretty rough. I pushed myself a little to hard and squeezed out 15 1/2 miles which I'm glad to have behind me. Pretty much right off the bat I was having a IT band problem with my knee, as I kind of expected to have. It screams in pain. The good news is, that pain seems to have eased up; the bad news is the pain is now in my left knee:/ but other than the IT band woes, I'm 30 miles in and I'm feeling excellent. Staying at Neels Gap hostel tonight. The shower I'm about to have is going to be glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Sean, I've been thinking of you a lot!!! Glad to hear that you are doing good, well except the knees. You're left knee is hurting because you are compensating. Try to walk as normal as possible, heel to toe and stretch, stretch, stretch daily!!! And remember that pain is only temporary but making it to Maine is forever. Rest up and you will feel better tomorrow!!! Be safe and check in often!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete