Monday, March 26, 2012

Crossing the border into North Carolina tomorrow! On the hike today I could see the high mountains NC has to offer. Kind of intimidating. Thursday my dad will be joining me in Franklin, NC to hike for a few days. Im definitely going to enjoy the time with him. I've met a lot of people so far on the trail and have been hanging out with a couple groups but I think it's better for me right now not to get caught up in the party. I'm just getting cranked up. Let me get a couple hundred miles in and past these tough southern mountains then we can do it up. Oh yeah, I met a guy that lives down the street from me! Off belcher rd. So random!
The hiking has been pretty hard. I've heard that these are some of the harder parts of the trail. And then it rains....wet rocks and mud make for a interesting hike. I did a split coming down hill the other day. Coming down is always more like controlled falling for me. The blisters are coming on too. The trails been hard on the body but it's just because it's new and part of the building process. I'll have my "trail legs" soon:)

2 comments:

  1. Don't get into that party mode yet!!! You need to pick up some Body Glide for your feet, it will help prevent blisters!!! How odd you met someone down the road!!! Keep up the blog, I check in everyday to see if you've posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice:) Im trying to post pretty much when I get a good signal. 3g is scarce around these parts. Thinking about you guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete