Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Virginia.......

It feels like forever ago since I got into Virginia...but it has been over a month. Im awhile behind most of the people I had been hiking before I got off the trail but really thats the only set back I took. I did decide to jump 150 miles ahead from where I left off (150 miles that I will come back for) for a couple of reasons; one being that I was trying to get back in the pack and also trying to get ahead of some of the summer heat. Virginia has had its ups and downs...a lot of southern virginia was very uneventful. The forest has been in full bloom here and even at the highest peaks the trees can still block out any view. On the plus side all the tree coverage makes for A LOT of shade on a sunny day. A good way to describe some of Virginia is that its been like a scene in "Avatar". The weather has actually been excellent for hiking this past couple weeks with cooler days and lows at night around 50. My pops decided to come up again and hike for awhile. I think he likes doing this almost as much as me. We're in Waynesboro, VA today and we REALLY enjoyed with Chinese buffet tonight:) Theres 160 miles left in VA and its mostly thru the Shenandoah National Park which im really looking forward to! Headed there tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment